No one wants to have a clogged garbage disposal or a clogged kitchen sink drain while you are preparing your holiday meals. With Thanksgiving and the Holiday’s right around the corner I think it’s worth re-posting some garbage disposal tips for a smooth running, trouble free holiday dinner.
- Run disposer along with a moderate to strong flow of cold water. Continue to run cold water for a few seconds after grinding is complete.
- Avoid using hot water when grinding food waste. It is OK to drain hot water into the disposer between grinding periods.
- Avoid pouring grease or fat into your disposer or drain.
- Avoid grinding large amounts of vegetable peels at one time — gradually feed peels in while disposer and water are both running
- Avoid grinding stringy, fibrous materials (celery, corn husks, artichokes, poultry skins, banana peels, pumpkin pulp, carrots, etc.) A disposer can’t sufficiently grind these types of items and could result with a clogged drain.
If you do experience any plumbing /heating issues or clogged drains do not hesitate to call us. We are here for you so you may relax and enjoy your holiday.