Ask us about a generator for you home. KOHLER makes all sizes of generators to fit your particular needs.
This hit home a couple of years ago and I like to repost it at the beginning of every heating season: very important!
“My husband and I had quite the scare two nights ago. At 4:00am on March 2nd , our carbon monoxide alarm started to go off. My husband and I jumped out of bed wondering if it was a defect or not. Regardless we used our common sense and woke up our 18 month old twins and I proceeded to take them for a ride around Johnston. I refused to allow them to breathe in any more carbon monoxide if indeed it was in the house. My husband called the fire department and they arrived within a few minutes, I drove nearby just incase I had to bring the babies to the hospital. When the fire department arrived, they were getting carbon monoxide levels of 37% on their detectors. They believed that the gas was coming from our wood stove. We could not understand why our month-old woodstove would be emitting carbon monoxide. My husband stopped the woodstove and opened up all of the windows in the house. By the time that the fire department left, the levels went down to 0. Fortunately I did not have to take my family to the hospital. The next day we had a professional come out to evaluate the wood stove, he believed that we had a small chimney fire that was responsible for the carbon monoxide. A large amount of soot was present in the pipes. All indicating a chimney fire. The professional believed the cause to be poorly seasoned wood that we had bought through a private seller. Who would think that something so simple could have destroyed our whole family. This experience has been the scariest scenario that my husband and I have ever been faced with, and we are so fortunate that our alarms woke us up that morning. Otherwise, we would not be here telling our story. If there is one thing that you take from reading this, please let it be the importance of having functioning carbon monoxide alarms in your home. They saved our lives. Also, if you have a wood stove or chimney, please take excellent care of it since the ramifications can be life threatening”. J&M Winsor.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a deadly, colorless, odorless, poisonous gas. It is produced by the incomplete burning of various fuels, including coal, wood, charcoal, oil, kerosene, propane, and natural gas. Products and equipment powered by internal combustion engine-powered equipment such as portable generators, cars, lawn mowers, and power washers also produce CO.
For Carbon Monoxide Questions and Answers:
US Consumer Product Safety Commission
Give Kids The World Village (GKTW) is a 70-acre, non-profit resort in Central Florida that creates magical memories for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.
- The story of Give Kids The World begins with a little girl with a wish and the desire of one man to make that wish come true.
The little girl’s name was Amy. Amy had leukemia and one wish – to visit the theme parks in Orlando. To facilitate Amy’s wish, the request of a complimentary stay was made to a respected hotelier. As he had done many times before, the hotelier gladly obliged and Amy’s wish was that much closer to being realized. Sadly, the remainder of Amy’s travel plans took too long to arrange and her wish was never granted; Amy had passed away. Time simply ran out. This unfulfilled wish inspired a man, the hotelier, to make a vow that no child in need would ever be failed again. That man was Henri Landwirth and his desire to ensure that Amy’s story would never repeat itself is where the story of Give Kids The World begins.
- In the video link below Founder Henri Landwirth speaks about how his own childhood spent in concentration camps during the Holocaust inspired him to start Give Kids The World Village (GKTW). Today, GKTW has helped more than 107,000 children with life-threatening illnesses and their families find comfort, happiness and hope at its whimsical non-profit resort in Kissimmee, FL.
Say Goodbye to institutional-looking grab-bars and Hello to style! New Stylish Designs in grab bars and safety meet.
They complement a wide range of décor, and their elliptical designs provide a stylish look while remaining easy to grip.
These new stylish grab bars can be installed on virtually any bath/shower or shower wall, and flexible bracket positions let you install the bars around tile patterns or wall features.
Built for Strength
These new stylish grab bars exceed ADA requirements* for strength and are manufactured of durable, lightweight anodized aluminum.
For more information on having grab bars installed in your home contact Kevin at 401-232-3932 or e-mail service@fivestarplumbingandheating.